Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Creating My Living Room

Lance and I will be looking for a house starting in October or November of this year. Our apartment lease ends in January 2011. We are going to find the perfect starter home. I cannot wait to start buying real furniture, painting and decorating each room starting with a great pattern like Sarah Richardson.

Living Room by Sarah Richardson

I love these two Thomas Stools that are covered in a blue floral pattern. They go perfectly with the other fabrics in the room and they're a break from the same old coffee table. Here's another look.



Living Room by Sarah Richardson w/ Thomas Stool

I've began a potential living room concept, so check it out and let me know what you think. Sarah Richardson would be proud, I'm starting with a fabric called Kirby Black.

Kirby Black

I think I'm going to paint the walls light gray or tan like the colors in Kirby Black. I'm leaning toward light gray. I've also picked out a great Sectional Couch that Lance and I have been wanting for awhile now.

Hondo Gray Tux Sectional Couch

I'm loving a dark gray sectional and this one is perfect including the price. It's a great bargain. I would also like to have a chair with the Kirby Black fabric or it's a great opportunity to bring in another fabric. Here's a couple choices below. I definitely want a different style of chair though, maybe an accent style.

Kirby Black

Marcie Spice

Fairhaven Latte

Hondo Scarlet

Here's the style of chair that I would want to get below. Actually this tan chair might look good. I would replace the tan pillow with a rectangle or circle Kirby Black one. These are below as well.

Accent Chair Champagne

Rectangle and Circle Kirby Black

I would end this room with white cotton curtains, a neutral rug and coffee table, ottoman, cubes or Thomas Stools. These items are TBD. Next time I'll have pictures for these last couple decorative items.

2 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Is she the one that does Sarah's House? I love that show. And I love her style!

Helena Fay Ballard said...

Yeah she's the one that does Sarah's House. I love her and her show! Oh and her assistant; he's great too!