Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ping.fm = Connecting My Social Networks

After attending Podcamp Nashville last weekend, I decided to look at my vigorously written notes from all of the speakers and utilize what I learned.

I'm starting tonight by linking all of my social networks (including this new blog) together in ping.fm. I apparently have been living under a rock for the last couple of years (Montgomery, AL) because this is awesome! Now I can update all of my social networking statuses in ping.fm and have them all update at once (obviously called ping it). Isn't organization grand?

I started linking all of my social networks to ping.fm like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc. and then ran into my old myspace page. I didn't know individuals still used mysapce. I tried to upload a new picture because my old one from college looks nothing like me and my computer kept freezing. Good old myspace. Apparently, I will just be a completely different person on myspace. More like an evil twin.

Then Friendster crept up on me. A lot of international students were into Friendster and some of my friends got me on it. In college I think I uploaded a million pictures, but I can't seem to remember the email I used or my password. Oh well.

Does anyone remember Yahoo's first photo album service before Flickr? I had 10 to 15 photo albums uploaded before Yahoo decided to cancel this service and not tell anyone about it. I lost important pictures and countless hours uploading photos the old way. Five pictures at a time, where you had to allot a certain number of hours dedicated to making photo albums.

I've also recently found myself on two Ning based social networking sites: Digital Nashville and AAF Nashville. I can't seem to figure out how to connect these sites to ping.fm. I ended up creating my own Ning site...I don't know where I went wrong? I don't want people to join this random Ning site that I created when all I wanted to do was organize all of my social networks on ping.fm.

Check out ping.fm!

No comments: